Sunday, February 8, 2009

Jed Smith 50 Mile race

Ray and I both ran the Jed Smith 50 mile race this past weekend. It turned out to be a great run. This photo is of Ray and a fellow runner (I will get his name) just before the start

This was Ray's first run just two weeks after coming back from Brazil. He was able to cruise in for a nice finish around 6th place with a time of 7:07:00. With it is still early in the year, Ray is trying to really work on the nutrition part of the race. It has sometimes been more of a challenge than the runs themselves. When Ray was finished he thankfully stuck around and helped me through the last 12 miles or so I had still to finish. I told him he didn't have to stick around but he stayed to support me. He said "If I leave now you will run slower and if I stay you will make sure to run harder and faster." He was right, knowing he was there waiting pushed me to finish stronger.

Ray has another race planned for next week. If the schedule works out he may even have two.

No comments:

Post a Comment